Breaded Fajita Seasoned Burger
This is a basic, simple recipe but definitely a crowd-pleaser. Try this trust me, it's good.
4 chicken breasts
125g panko breadcrumbs
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 tea spoon chilli powder
1 tea spoon mixed herbs
4 slices monterey jack cheese
8 slices streaky bacon
juice of half a lime
1 table spoon vegetable oil plus extra
6 medium sized potatoes
2 baguettes of sour dough bread
Serve with side salad, sour cream, salsa, BBQ sauce, Chilli Sauce, beers and cold coke
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place in salted boiling water for five minutes (this speeds up cooking). Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 C
- Lay out three separate bowls. In one place the flour,salt, pepper, 1 tea spoon of the fajita seasoning, a pinch of the chilli and mixed herbs and mix. Beat two eggs, in the second bowl. Place the panko, paprika, the rest of the chilli, herbs and fajita seasoning in the third bowl and mix well.
- Place the potatoes in bowl with the oil and season with salt and pepper. place in a lightly oiled baking tray and place in the oven for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile dip the chicken into the flour to coat, then into the beaten eggs and then finally pat down in the panko mix. Place the chicken in the oven after 10 minutes and bake with the potatoes for a further 20 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for the chicken and wedges to bake, pan fry the bacon, cut the avocado into wedges and mix with lime juice to prevent them going brown. Bake the bread as per instructions.
- Place the cheese over the chicken for the final minute or so until it melts.
to serve assemble the burger, chicken and cheese, bacon and sliced avocado and wedges garnish with the salad Serve with sour cream, salsa, BBQ sauce, Chilli Sauce, beers and cold coke.