1 tbsp black peppercorns, ground
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp dark drown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
4 cloves garlic
3 inch thumb ginger
4 spring onions, whites and most of the green part
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime
2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
8 pork steaks
1. Add all of the dry spices together and mix well
2. In a food processor, whizz the garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet peppers and spring onions to a puree.
3. Add all of the dry ingredients to the food processor, along with the thyme leaves, honey, soy sauce and lime juice and whizz to combine.
4. Pour the marinade into a big bowl then add the pork and massage into the meat. I recommend wearing gloves when handling scotch bonnet peppers. Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
5. An hour before baking, take the pork out of the fridge.
6. Pre-heat the grill to high. grill the pork for 16 minutes, turning every 4 minutes or until cooked.
I served the pork steaks with home made oven chips.