I call this my easy Red Thai Curry as I use ready made red Thai curry paste. I have tried various brands but I have found Mae Ploy to be the best. Ready made paste, its cheating, I know, but you get a great curry in 30 minutes. I also use frozen veg for colour and we always in the fridge. We always have these ingredients in and it makes a great comforting meal.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 heaped tbsp Thai red curry paste
- ½-1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 baby aubergine, cut into chunks
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 150g frozen veg,
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
2. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add 2 heaped tbsp of curry paste and fry for 1 minute
4. Add ½ tbsp fish sauce, the palm sugar, lime leaves, coconut milk, 150ml water (or stock) and the aubergines. Bring to the boil
5. Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add the chicken and cook for another 12 minutes.
7. Add the veg and cook for a further 5 minutes or until veg is heated through.
8. Remove from the heat, taste and add more fish sauce if needed, then stir in the coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.