I made this using Quorn as I am doing a "meat free" January. However I will definitely be making this using chicken when I am back on the meat. It is an amazing dish, even if I do say so myself. I also got to use my new toy... get ready for lots of spiralized recipes! SPIRALIZER ARERT!
300g qourn or CHICKEN!
500g Sweet Potato (spiralized)
50g Chillies, sliced
240g sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
240g black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 red pepper, roughly chopped
200g fresh tomatoes (I used some cherry and some large), scored
200g chopped tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp Fajita seasoning
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
50g olives, sliced
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2-1 tsp salt
1/2 ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, chopped
150g Cheddar, grated
5 spring onions, sliced
1-2 tsp Paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (Fan) 200 (conventional)
2. Score a Cross on the tomatoes and put then in boiling water for 30/45 seconds. Drain and peel the tomatoes.
3. Heat a pan, then add the oil. Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes.
4, Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the one chilli, red peppers, and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes
6. Add the tinned tomatoes, salt, pepper and cumin and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Blend the sauce until smooth.
8. If using qourn, cook in oil and add the fajita seasoning. If using chicken, shred the chicken
9. Meanwhile peel and spiralize the sweet potatoes, using the smallest setting.
10. Place half the sweet potato in a casserole dish, and dust with paprika, then repeat with the rest of the sweet potato.
12. Pour the mixture over the sweet potato and ensure you get mixture in and between the sweet potato.
13. Top with cheddar cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
14. Remove from the oven, uncover and scatter the spring onions and return to the oven until the Cheddar is golden brown