This is a really easy recipe. It goes down well with the whole family. The Fishcakes are great with a simple side salad and tartar sauce or mayonnaise mixed with some fresh lemon juice. I bake mine but you could also shallow fry them. Any breadcrumbs will do but I prefer the crunch from panko breadcrumbs.
125g Panko breadcrumbs
450g Maris piper potatoes, cut into chunks
4 Spring onions finely sliced
3 Fillets Salmon (approx 350g)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place the salmon on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until just cooked.
3.Meanwhile place the potatoes is salted boiling water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and return to the pan to steam dry.
4. Season and mash the potato, leaving it lumpy for texture. Flake and mix in the salmon and spring onions.
5. Shape into fishcakes of the size you desire.
6. In three separate bowls place place, seasoned flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
7. Dip the fishcakes into the flour, then egg and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.